Sunday, by virtue of being perhaps the only non work day of the week, is normally spent doing stuff with the family. And since i got hitched the rules set by the Minister for Home Affairs is that i, abu Amirah should stay within eyesight, mostly sprawled on the couch fiddling the remote control waiting or watching EPL updates.
So i just happened to be checking out ny mail and chanced upon a notification, a post by Asali the Kenyan blogger: https://asaliasali.wordpress.com, about The Leibster Awards. She had been nominated for the award and in turn she nominated 10 other bloggers for the same award.
I was among her list of nominees, which by itself is an immense pleasure and honor. I know any blogger would feel honored to know that people really read their blog, it’s just amazing.
I read a little about the afore mentioned Award. It’s very simple, the award is given to bloggers with under 200 followers. the way i understand it, its an award given to a blogger from other bloggers and It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
The nominnee is given a set of questions to answer and in turn he or she poses the same number of questions to whoever he nominates. The following are my answers to the questions Asali set for me:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
Blogging is something i have wanted to do for a long time since i wanted a platform for my writings other than my worn out note books. I came across a Kenyan blog (can’t recall which) and i was like, Dammmmmn, i can do this too…..that was it!
2. What have you learned since you started blogging?
Blogging is something that one needs to be consistent in, never care who or how many people read and follow your blog, just keep posting, keep doing your thing and gradually you become a master at it.
3. What’s your favourite pastime?
Tending my flowers. I wouldn’t call mine a ‘flower garden’, not really. I have planted them on all sorts of things, my favorite being the back of a damamged computer monitor, awesome!
4. What do you miss most about your childhood?
Alot, right now i can think of playing in the rain and sliding on the mud. I would do this again though in a closed environment away from judgemental eyes….i don’t wanna be put in a strait jacket!
5. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done?
I am never one for crazy eish, but what comes to mind right now which a friend of mine proclaimed, wide eyed, to be crazy is proposing to my wife within an hour of meeting her. Yes, you heard that right, an hour! And here we are, happy and sooooooo in love 🙂
6. How would you describe yourself ?
Simple, sarcastic, i derive happiness from seeing other people happy.
7. What is the one thing you really want to do ? e.g sky dive
Bungee Jumping. This is something ai reeeaaaallllllly want to do!
8. What’s your travelling companion ? e.g music, a book etcetera ..
A note pad, my mind generates lots of ideas while travelling.
9. What are your thoughts on the nomination?
It’s amzing and i think it serves as a source of inspiration to continue blogging.
10. If you had a chance to tell someone special something, what would you say and whom would it be?
The ‘whom’ would mos def be my wife. The ‘what’ would be: ummm, listen hunny, i know i suck at cooking but studies have shown that burnt onions are the number one source of vital whatevers that cause happiness. Me burning onions while cooking is a show of how much i want you to be happy. Don’t even google it, just trust me 🙂
Now, this is my list of questions to the bloggers i nominate:
1. What are your thoughts about this nomination?
2. What’s the inspiration behind your blogging?
3. How do you react when someone negatively criticizes your writing?
4. Scariest dream you’ve ever had.
5. Are you content with the political environment in your country?
6. Given the chance, how would you make a positive impact in the world?
7. The Maasai community in Kenya are over rated and over branded. Yes or No?
8. What’s your take on polygamy?
9. Ever had a near death experience?
10. What’s the one thing you regret doing or not doing in life?
And i nominate the following blogs (some are way over 200 follows but hey, i love the stuff they got) out of the many i love. i wish i had space for like 100 more: