Alhamdulillah It’s an honor being nominated for Liebster Award, again :), this time by a sister blogger. Find her on http://ishlahii.wordpress.com
Below are the official rules for the Award.
Liebster Award Rules:
1.Thank the person who gave you the Liebster Award nomination and link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 11 questions they asked you.
3. Nominate 5- 11 bloggers for the award. The bloggers must have 200 followers or fewer.
4. Now Create 11 questions to ask your nominees.
5. Make sure to let your nominees know you nominated them once you’ve posted about your Liebster Award.
Add the Liebster Award badge to your blog!
Now, to the questions am supposed to answer:
1. Why do you love blogging?
Well, because it has been the best platform to put my writings in the public domain. Also, it gives me an opportunity to follow other awesome bloggers.
2. What is your primary job?
I am an Administrator at an Islamic resource and revert Centre.
3. Have you gotten the benefits from blogging? If yes, please mention 2 of them!
Yes, though the benefits vary, but 2 i can think of quickly are(a)I now have the confidence to put out my work for the public (b)Meeting better writers that i would not have met outside the blogosphere.
4. What is your favorite place in your country that you have visited?
This would have to be Maasai Mara. The nature and wildlife is spectacular!
5. Have you ever visited Indonesia?
Not relly, i would however love to visit one day by virtue of it being the country with the largest Muslim population.
6. Do you love nasheed (Islamic music)? Who is your favorite singer (munsheed)?
Sometime back i used to, i guess the feeling just, i donno…..faded off!! I used to love Al Afasy and Zain Bhika’s ‘Allah Knows’.
7. How do you get the ideas for your blog?
From everyday occurences and meeting people. A leaf falling down from a tree is inspiration enough….or a man getting kicked by a donkey 🙂
8. Do you like sport? What is sport do you like?
Sport…..well,i watch football when i can. When it comes to playing i ‘jump into conclusions’!
9. What place (city in this world) you wish to visit in the future (insha’Allah)? Why?
I would love to visit Makkah…..and Madina too, In sha Allah. Why because these are cities which are Holy and just being there and imagining how it was when the Prophet (saw) was alive would be epic!
10. What is your own language? Please translate this sentence “ I LOVE YOU FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH” into your own language! If you are an English speaker, please retype that sentence!
In Kenya we speak English and Swahili (born out of a mixture between Arabic and local coastal dialects). So in Swahili we would say “NAKUPENDA KWA AJILI YA ALLAH”
11. Do you feel hurt, if someone speaks very badly to you? Would you like to forgive him/her for Allah’s pleasure? Jazakumullah!
Sometimes yes i get hurt, but again i don’t let it dwell in m heart, i forgive easy coz i don’t want to die while i hold grudges with people…..
Now, that wasn’t soooo hard…..here are the bloggers i nominate for this award and my questions to them……
My 11 questions:
1. Does blogging make/keep you happy?
2. Which book are you currently reading?
3. How do you react to criticism?
4. By the end of today what do you want to have changed about yourself?
5. What’s your favorite quote?
6. Are you married? If no, WHY? REALLY,WHY????????
7. Say, if you were to write a book, what would it be about?
8. Ever hit a writer’s block? How did you get over it?
9. What’s the most annoying trait among people in your country?
10. If you were to advice me about visiting your country, which place would you recommend i visit?
11. What’s your purpose in life?
That’s just about it……..
Thanks Sister Fatma for the nomination.